Wednesday, February 4, 2015

KCW - Upcycled cowgirl romper

     




Hi Everybody My third outfit for Isabella is my favorite and I am excited to share it with you....
There are great upcycled kids clothes over at  Kids Clothes Week and I  enjoy seeing what everybody is making. Go check it out HERE.



I started out with a knit shirt I bought at Target a few years ago. I loved it but the fit just wasn't right and so I saved it for an upcycle for Bella. I found the brown skirt on my thrift store trip on Saturday for 80 cents (crazy right?) I turned both items into a little jumper for Miss Bella. She loves to be girlie but also VERY playful and I think it fits into both categories.

I used the Kids Shorts by Dana for the pants part and just an shirt that currently fits her to do the sleeves and shirt.I cut the sleeves from the sleeves and was able to just cut the neckline on the front as is. The back just didn't want to line up so I cut a whole back pattern on the fold and just made a rolled hem for the back neckline.I loved the buttons with the belt loops and removed them to add at the bottom of the shorts. I also removed the trim from the shirt(it was a lot easier than what I thought it was going to be and added it to the bottom of the pants. I had to make pockets but didn't have enough for the lining part of the pocket but found a light teal fabric scrap that worked perfect.
She is still coughing but is a lot better as you can see from the pictures. 




 Till tomorrow......



1 comment:

  1. What a great outfit! I think you nailed playful and girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Hi ,
I would love to hear from you