I made it - I finished my signature look and cant believe another season of Project Run and Play is at its end. As always there was plenty of Great designs and ideas that went around. When it comes to signature style there isn't much that has changed since last season. In one sentence I would describe it as funky, out of the box, colorful and add a little traditional.
- I love mixing different types of fabric in an outfit ( in this outfit I used knit, shantung, net, twill and quilting cotton)
- I love different colors. I am still finding my way and try not to use "Matching colors" but rather "contrast color" but that is going to take some practice.
- I like to flip patterns. First I love to buy pdf patterns and support independent designers but I still like to put my own spin on it .( I usually sew it their way the first time and the second time flip it) - There are some amazing designers out there.
- I grew up trying my hand at different ARTS of sewing so I like to add some embroidery, paint or a knitted item to an outfit.
- I don't like to conform when it comes to clothing. I like to make what I/the kids like and is pleasing to me or the kids.
Lets talk about this week's outfit. It was great that kids clothes week was last week and I got to work on my signature look. I made it so Miss Bella will have it for Easter.
-The jacket is the Berkshire Blazer from Blank Slate Patterns(Melly Sews) I added pink bias binding around the edges. Embroidered a B on a Breast pocket and cut and added to circle frills to the bottom back of the jacket.
-The Tunic is The Madeline dress Pattern from Me Sew Crazy - I like that this can be shortened as a tunic and it keeps the beauty of the dress. I used shantung for the bodice and a double layer with net and cotton for the dress part.
- The pants are one of my new favorites the Triangle pants from seeKatesew - I brought them in a lot at the bottom so it is more like leggings at the bottom and wide at the top (kind of like harlem pants)
Picture overload alert: We went over to the Gardens at Heather Farms in Walnut creek on this beautiful morning and I couldn't choose between the pictures.
Project Run And Play season 9 Round-up:
Every season I grow a little and try new things. I Loved all of the themes this season and especially looked forward to the design your own fabric one and ended up winning the sew-along which was super awesome. Cant wait for the next season....
I have 3 favorite days in the year and Easter is one of them. Reminds me how Blessed I am.....
Happy Easter to you and Yours!