Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Mara Dress.....

I just had to sew the The Mara blouse/dress


As I am browsing fabrics in JoAnns for a diaper bag that I am going to sew I see this beautiful aubergine/eggplant/purple......whatever your preference and I am thinking it might be nice for a dress for Bella .....  4 bolts of orange and purple fabric later and I decide I am going to sew the Mara for Bella as a dress and embroidery on the yoke( when I browsed through the Compagnie M Patterns for the Contest I had my eye on the Mara for embroidery but I ended up sewing the Louisa first here.) Sucker that I am for a good contest I bought the fabric and the pattern. The embroidery I did Thursday while sitting at the Allergist after my immunotherapy shot and the dress I was able to sew yesterday with the kids sitting next to me making crafts.) I am cutting it close because the contest closes tomorrow but I am glad I made it. It turned out very much to my liking - I just love the colors together. I love bold. The weather has been very yucky with the rain -which I am thankful for because we really need it - but not very favorable for pictures outside so we ended up cleaning the playroom for some pictures.



Details:

I drew some flowers on the yoke and hand embroidered them before assembly. I added an orange frill that was randomly folded and sewed onto the yoke. The buttons is fabric that I got for the diaper bag and was perfect to cover the buttons with. I made two wide pleats instead of 6 and it was folded inwards and top stitched with orange thread. I made the butterfly sleeve(without the butterfly:)) so it looks like a cap sleeve. The dress is big enough that Bella can wear it with a long sleeve shirt now and without when its SuMMERTiME!


Oh man and did we have fun. We READ......


We LAUGHED.....


We Made Button Soup......


We SANG......


We PONDERED......


We played with BLOCKS....

We KISSED the blocks......


We drove to the MOON and BACK.....


and then we found Arthur's chalk rainbow.........

and then we had to go take a bath.........
                                                                                         
                                                                                                     Till Next Time .......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ,
I would love to hear from you