Thursday, September 19, 2013

Boy jacket and w pants

 
 
 I have got no idea how I finished this outfit in time for September Flip this pattern but I did.
I ended up finishing the jacket today and making the pants. I had full intention to sew a whole outfit but things were just kinda crazy the past few weeks. Arthur really needs a wind jacket that is not too hot but will work for cool and windy mornings to school.I had this color blocked jacket in mind with string in the bottom.
 
Confession - I hate the fabric. It is sporty tent type fabric but it was ugly to work with.(my opinion) and maybe I shouldn't have used it on a pattern that I had changed for the first time. I ended up stopping halfway but then Arthur pulled it on and he was in love and really wanted me to finish it- and so Mommy did and then also sewed up the pants so I at least have bottoms with the jacket :).
 
I used the w shorts pattern and added pockets on the back and one side pocket with a sling.
 
 
 

 
 

 
 The back pockets have a A on it for Arthur.
 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea on the color-blocked wind jacket....but I'm sorry the fabric was such a pain to work with. Glad Arthur encouraged you to finish it. The shorts are also special - with all those details that make it unique for him. Although you have no idea how you did it....I sure am glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The details that you added to the pants are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little trendsetter! He looks so dapper with his hat. The jacket is great and THOSE PANTS! Love those boy details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the green in those long shorts!! And the extra detail of the houndstooth is stellar. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hi ,
I would love to hear from you