Thursday, August 29, 2013

Back to School....

 It's been a while. Arthur is back at school and we are back to an almost normal schedule again. I love having him home with us but towards the end there was a constant bickering between the two and even though it was mostly Bella-instigated it was good for him to get back to a schedule and friends his age. I never really sewed for him just because I wasn't sure he would wear mom-made clothes but so far he is very happy with the things I've made him so I will continue till he gets too big for
 Mom- made clothes :)
 
 


 
the shirt is an upcycled shirt. I used the recess Raglan pattern from Pattern Anthology . The shirt is from the Alphabet collection and I am hoping to sew up all of the pieces for both kids.
 
The sleeves are from an alphabet shirt Arthur received from family in South Africa so it is sentimental but way too small. It worked perfect for the sleeves.
 

 
 
the front was used for one sleeve and the back for the other sleeve.

 
 
I had some leftover white knit fabric lying around for the use of the front and back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The pants are made with one of my favorite patterns as you know - the KID shorts from MADE
It is the flat front shorts with the bias tape pockets. I've made a few of these for Arthur and Isabella and they are great.
 
 

 
The shirt turned out great...

 
but most of all the little man LOVES it!
 
 
till next time......
linked up to A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ,
I would love to hear from you